Friday, March 23, 2007

God Help Me

Campus Crusade for Christ is currently in 3rd place among the top corporate networks on Facebook in the overall NCAA tournament bracket standings. I was surprised at first, but it makes perfect sense. Every player and coach publicly thanks God immediately after winning a big game. Clearly, He has something to do with the outcome. And clearly, if any corporation is going to get its hands on the scoop before the official results are in, it's the CC for C. It’s probably a perk to compensate them for all the late nights they’ve spent crusading. It’s the least He could do.

Anyway, I figured that it couldn’t hurt to get in touch with the big guy up there, if only to help me through the rest of the tournament. I went 4/4 tonight and all 4 of my other elite eight picks are playing tomorrow, but I still need all the help I can get. Here’s my playlist for the rest of the tourney, or at least as long as C3 keeps it up.

Wilco – Jesus, etc.
Everlast – Black Jesus

Beck – Lord Only Knows
Guster – All the Way Up to Heaven
Vusi Mahlasehla – Heaven in my Heart
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals – Nothing But The Water (II)
Dave Matthews Band – Christmas Song
Mike Doughty – Thank You, Lord, For Sending Me the F Train

-danny

No comments: