Wednesday, March 14, 2007

SUMMER


It’s official: today is the first day of summer. I know it might seem like I’m jumping the gun a little, but I have to call it like I see it. Today for the first time since September I wasn’t the only person in Dunkin’ Donuts ordering an iced coffee, bikinis reappeared in the Quad courtyards, and I’ve been miserable in my dorm without air conditioning.

The arrival of summer means that summer music is close behind. Summer music is great because guilty pleasures lose their guilt. It’s like it evaporates in the heat and just leaves the pleasure behind. Music like this makes me miss my car.


Smashmouth – All Star

Jurassic 5 – Concrete Schoolyard

Mungo Jerry – In The Summertime

Slightly Stoopid – Mellow Mood

Fatboy Slim – That Old Pair of Jeans

G. Love and the Special Sauce – Don’t Drop It

Wilco – Jesus, etc.

Secondhand Jive – Lemonade (acoustic)

Dave Matthews Band – Best of What’s Around


-Danny

No comments: