Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Artists I Should've Seen, But Didn't

"I can hear your cornstalks sigh/Underneath your prairie sky/
Southern swamps have footsteps filled/And hound dogs howl at freedom's will"

Believe it or not, even a Canal makes mistakes. I missed my fair share of performances over the past year for various bad reasons. Here’s a short list.


Tea Leaf Green – John Brown
Tea Leaf Green – Taught To Be Proud

I’m hoping this concert will be the only one I ever miss because I was studying. I don’t really understand how it even happened once. These guys played at Penn in March, and Austin told us they and Lotus melted more faces than my room did when I wasn’t in charge of the A/C.


Patrick Park – Past Poisons (live)
Patrick Park – Life’s A Song (live)

I downloaded his album off Amie St. the day after he played a free concert at World Café.


Rocky Votolato – Portland Is Leaving
Rocky Votolato – Red Dragon Wishes
Rocky Votolato – Postcard From Kentucky

I didn’t go because I felt sick, now I feel sick because I didn’t go.


Alexi Murdoch – Blue Mind
Alexi Murdoch – Orange Sky

This one wasn’t really my fault, but I still won’t be able to forgive myself if I never get to see him in a setting like North Star Bar at some point.

-danny

No comments: